Teachers Health Fund and related services
AEU members are entitled to join Teachers Health Fund, while membership also gives access to the AEU's counselling referral service.
Visit teachershealth.com.au and join today.
Compare Teachers Health Fund with other funds
If you already have health insurance with another provider, you can use our personalised comparison service to see how much money you’ll save on membership fees and to find out about the additional benefits you’ll be able to access when you switch to Teachers Health Fund.
The AEU is a proud supporter of Teachers Health Fund and believe it to be the best health fund available for you and your family.
About Teachers Health Fund
Teachers Health Fund has been committed to the health and well-being of educators and their families since 1954. As the largest industry-based fund, with over 110,000 members across Australia, Teachers Health Fund understands the education community and the unique physical and mental demands placed on the individuals within it. To further strengthen this commitment, Teachers Health Fund also offers a range of broader health initiatives and services to our members.
Your health is important, so put yourself in safe hands with a fund who is dedicated to the education community and can offer you peace of mind with competitively priced, great value health insurance.
Teachers Health Fund is:
- The largest industry-based health fund in Australia
- Mutual (no shareholders, so members receive the benefits)
- Directed by a board consisting mainly of current and former teachers
Who can join:
- Members of the AEU and other education unions (including student, part-time and full-time members)
- Partners, former partners, children, siblings, parents, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of eligible Teachers Health Fund members
Advantages of membership:
- Generous benefits at competitive rates
- Range of products to suit your budget and lifestyle, including cover for physio, optical, speech therapy, and remedial massage.
- Access to Teachers Health Centres, including Eyecare and Dental services
- Fast, efficient claiming options – on-the-spot and online claiming
- Award winning contact centre based in Australia
Teachers Health Centres
Teachers Health Centres offer state-of-the-art Dental and Eyecare facilities conveniently located under one roof. AEU members enjoy great discounts on quality products:
- 35% off spectacle frames^
- 25% off sunglasses frames^
- 25% off contact lenses~
Visit in store at 52 Bridge Road, Richmond for more information or phone 1300 728 488.
Open Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5.30pm & Saturday 8.30am–2.30pm. Closed public holidays.
^Offer available to AEU members and their families, up to a maximum benefit of $250. Spectacle frames must be purchased in conjunction with prescription lenses.
~Offer available to AEU members and their families, up to a maximum discount of $250. A minimum of 6 months supply must be purchased.
Teachers Health Fund member liaison coordinator Sarah Kupsch is available to speak to AEU members about the benefits for members in joining the health fund.
To find out more about how to join or the benefits of membership:
The Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential and independent 24/7 counselling service for school staff. A dedicated Manager Assist telephone service also provides advice and support for principals and managers. Find out more here.