Fair Work Australia has terminated the award which regulated the payment of teachers who supervise and coordinate student teachers.
As a result, the AEU has written to all tertiary providers of teacher education in Victoria requesting that:
- They provide an assurance that they will continue to pay teachers the existing rates for supervising and coordinating student teachers
- They negotiate with the AEU to establish a written agreement to cover the payment for supervision and coordination of student teachers.
||Assurance given to continue
to pay existing rates
agreement with AEU
| Australian Catholic University
|Holmesglen Institute of TAFE||No|
|La Trobe University||Yes|
|Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE||Yes|
*Victoria University pays significantly above the terminated award rate.
Terminated Award rates (per student per day):
- Supervision in secondary schools in one method - $12.45
- Supervision in secondary schools in two methods and supervision in primary schools - $21.20
- Coordination (up to 10 students) - $1.30
Victoria University rates (per student per day):
- Supervision in secondary schools in one method - $17.00
- Supervision in secondary schools in two methods and supervision in primary schools - $30.00
- Coordination - $2.00
Schools which participate in the Victoria University Site-based Education Initiative receive an additional $3000 per 25 pre-service student teachers.