Your pay and conditions
TAFE members are covered by the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Multi Business Agreement 2009 (PDF, 580KB), which delivers pay rises of 17%-27% over two-and-a-half years.
Teachers are also covered by the Education Services (Post Secondary Education) Award 2010 (DOC, 630KB), a new Modern Award; however, under the Fair Work Act (section 57), the terms of the award do not apply as long as an agreement is in operation. Conditions from the previous TAFE Award have been incorporated into the agreement and the previous award itself now forms Schedule 6 of the agreement.
- Pay rises of 17% - 27% over 2.5 years
- Immediate 6.5% backdated for ongoing and contract staff
- New T5 increment for top-of-the-scale teachers
- Better maternity leave and long service leave
- Higher cap on hours for casuals and new rights to job security
- No increase in teaching hours or attendance and no loss of holidays.
- TAFE Multi-Business Agreement 2009 (PDF 580KB)
- Memorandum of Understanding (PDF 50KB)
- Summary of main features
- Salary scale (staff)
- Salary scale (casual)
- Guidelines on teaching qualifications (PDF 130KB)
- TAFE Agreement Implementation Guide (members only, PDF 900KB)
Advice, guidance and resources for AEU members
The AEU produces advice sheets, guidance documents, model letters and other resources for members and sub-branches to use in understanding and getting the most out of the agreement, including a comprehensive Implementation Guide.
Topics covered include:
- Casual teaching and your rights to more secure employment
- Attendance hours and workload
- Part-time teaching
- Leave including new parental leave entitlements
- Salary progression and performance review