AEU Benalla office
Supporting the Hume region
John Oakley (organiser) and Phyllis Doxey (secretary)
Where we are:
90-94 Nunn Street, Benalla 3672
Phone: (03) 5762 2714
Toll-free: 1800 013 994
Fax: (03) 5762 6955
Monday to Friday 8.15am to 4.45pm
AEU members are encouraged to phone or email the Benalla office with any union or employment-related queries or to drop in and catch up on the latest union information and publications.
- He can assist workplaces to organise around local issues and develop a strong union presence.
- He can help workplaces to participate in AEU campaigns.
- He can assist AEU representatives in their roles.
- He has a workplace visitation program that allows him to regularly visit your workplace.
- He conducts regular union training and professional development activities throughout the region and can organise any specific in-services at your workplace on topics such as Legal Liability and OH&S and briefings for specific groups like ES staff and Beginning Teachers.
- He encourages sub branches and workplaces to invite him to speak to members, when required, on specific issues.
- He is available to provide individual advice on all aspects of members' working conditions and awards/agreements, and can assist with WorkCover claims, grievances, complaints procedures and Merit Protection Board appeals.
Phyllis Doxey is the office secretary, and can assist you with administrative enquiries, union membership information and is available to assist with sub-branch administration as required.