You deserve the very best conditions at work – and pay that reflects your professionalism and experience.
With more than 50,000 members in Victoria, the AEU is the only union with the strength in numbers to negotiate optimal outcomes for educators working in government schools, TAFEs, early childhood, disability and adult education settings.
Together, we have achieved real improvements in the working lives of members, from equal pay and annual leave to superannuation, paid maternity leave and the defeat of performance pay.
Among many significant improvements, recent gains include:
- School teachers – a reduction of face-to-face teaching hours; expanded time-in-lieu and leave provisions
- Education Support – provision for thousands to be translated to ongoing; revised Dimensions of Work allowing more ES to access range reviews
- Principals – improved DET administrative support and consultation provisions; positive reforms to superannuation
- Early childhood teachers – 13-27% pay increase over four years
- TAFE teachers – new TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement with a pay increase of 23.7% over four years.