The Australian Education Union represents and advocates for teachers, principals and education support staff working in public education in schools, early childhood, TAFE and adult education.
As the Victorian branch of the AEU, we are proud to represent around 50,000 members. Nationally, the AEU is 185,000 strong. If you have a passion for public education, social justice and the union movement, then consider a career with the AEU.
There is currently one vacancy.
Coordinator of Organising
The role: Reporting to the branch secretary the coordinator of organising is responsible for managing the recruitment training and campaign unit (RTC). Working closely with the leadership team and other work groups you will coordinate the organising effort for the union.
This is a key role within the union as the work of the RTC drives membership and builds activism and involvement of its members.
- Drive membership growth and activism for the leading voice for public education in Australia.
- Manage the recruitment, training and campaigning unit.
- Excellent package and benefits.
- Lead and manage three team leaders and a wider team of 30 organisers and staff.
- Work with the leadership team at the AEU to develop and implement strategic and operational planning.
- Develop and implement innovative organising strategies/techniques that deliver on AEU priorities and goals.
- Develop team leaders and staff through coaching, mentoring and professional development opportunities.
- This role is suited to someone who holds a similar position within another union, or is a team leader or lead organiser ready to step up to the next level. You understand the role and the challenges of organising within a union and how to lead and motivate a large team in a changing environment.
- You will be a confident organiser, your extensive experience working on the ground will have given you the ability to understand the challenges of building power in workplaces and the skills to develop and mentor your team.
- You will be an excellent people manager, passionate and resilient with a strong commitment to building powerful unions.
- A current driver’s licence is essential.
Enquiries and applications: Join the key voice advocating for accessible, high-quality public education in Australia, submit your resume and covering letter in MS Word format to [email protected] quoting #33692 or phone Emma Naglieri or Emma Adams on 03 8319 4080 for further information.