The Australian Education Union represents and advocates for teachers, principals and education support staff working in public education in schools, early childhood, TAFE and adult education.
If you have a passion for public education, social justice and the union movement, then consider a career with the AEU. We currently have 12 fixed term positions available.
Expression of Interest – AEU Project Officers 2020 – Recruitment
The AEU has 12 fixed term positions (six in each semester) available for Project Officers to work in either Semester 1 or 2 in 2020. These positions are open to AEU members from any sector.
The Project Officers work as a team within the Recruitment Training and Campaigning unit and will visit workplaces and recruit new members to the AEU. They will work predominantly in schools but may also recruit in Early Childhood, TAFE and Disability sectors. The Project Officers will work out of the Melbourne office of the AEU.
Intensive and high quality training will be provided.
You will return to your education role at the end of this six months experience with:
- new and improved skills,
- a greater understanding of how the union operates, and
- a renewed enthusiasm for your active role in the AEU and an ability to translate what you have learned to your work in your sub branch/workplace.
Remuneration: The full time annual salary for this position will be $117,286.
Enquiries: Click here for the position description and Expression of Interest form. Questions about this vacancy can be directed to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, or Adam Surmacz, Organiser on 1800 238 842.
Expressions of Interest: Send the completed Expression of Interest Form with a 1 – 2 page statement addressing the selection criteria to Jenny Evans, HR and Organisational Development Manager, AEU Victorian Branch, by email to [email protected] by 12 midday Friday 23 August 2019.
Please note: Successful applicants will need to get leave approved by their employer.
All Expressions of Interest must be on the form and include a short statement addressing the following Selection Criteria.
- Demonstrated active commitment to unionism and the AEU.
- Skills and experience in recruiting potential members.
- An understanding of the importance of union growth and a passion and enthusiasm for recruiting potential members to the union.
- High level verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to show initiative and demonstrate high level organisational skills including being able to work to deadlines, prioritise work, and manage multiple matters concurrently.
- An understanding of and commitment to public education.