Teachers Health Fund
The AEU is a proud supporter of Teachers Health Fund and believes it to be the best health fund available for you and your family.
Visit Teachers Health Fund to join today.
About Teachers Health Fund
Teachers Health Fund has been committed to the health and wellbeing of educators and their families since 1954.
As the largest industry-based fund, with over 110,000 members across Australia, Teachers Health Fund understands the education community and the unique physical and mental demands placed on the individuals within it.
Your health is important, so put yourself in safe hands with a fund that is dedicated to the education community and can offer you peace of mind with competitively priced, great value health insurance.
Who can join:
- Members of the AEU and other education unions (including student, part-time and full-time members).
- Partners, former partners, children, siblings, parents, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of eligible Teachers Health Fund members.
Advantages of membership:
- Generous benefits at competitive rates.
- Range of products to suit your budget and lifestyle, including cover for physio, optical, speech therapy and remedial massage.
- Access to Teachers Health Centres, including eye care and dental services.
- Fast, efficient claiming options – on-the-spot and online claiming.
- Award-winning contact centre.
Teachers Health Centres
Teachers Health Centres offer state-of-the-art dental and eye care facilities conveniently located under one roof. Benefits for AEU members include:
AEU members enjoy great discounts on quality products:
- 35% off spectacle frames^
- 25% off sunglasses frames^
- 25% off contact lenses~
The Teachers Health Centre in Victoria is in Richmond – click for full location details.
^Offer available to AEU members and their families, up to a maximum benefit of $250. Spectacle frames must be purchased in conjunction with prescription lenses.
~Offer available to AEU members and their families, up to a maximum discount of $250. A minimum of 6 months supply must be purchased.
Free counselling for school staff
The AEU encourages members under stress to contact the Employee Assistance Program – a free, confidential and independent 24/7 counselling service for school staff.
A dedicated Manager Assist telephone service also provides advice and support for principals and managers.
Disaster and welfare support
The AEU maintains a disaster and welfare fund for members in times of need.
Members can claim up to $500 to cover the loss of possessions in incidents such as floods or fire.