You deserve the very best conditions at work – and pay that reflects your professionalism and experience.
With more than 50,000 members in Victoria, the AEU is the only union with the strength in numbers to negotiate optimal outcomes for educators working in government schools, TAFEs, early childhood, disability and adult education settings.
Together, we have achieved real improvements in the working lives of members, from equal pay and annual leave to superannuation, paid maternity leave and the defeat of performance pay.
In recent agreements, we gained:
- School teachers – pay increase of 13.7% and four additional professional practice days
- Education Support – provision for thousands to be translated to ongoing and a pay increase of 13.7%
- Principals – rise in the minimum salary level and a pay increase of 17.1%
- Early childhood teachers – 3% annual wage rise and pay parity with school teachers
- TAFE teachers – new TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement with a pay increase of 23.7% over four years.