Member support and advice

There is no problem too big or too small for our Member Support Centre.

Whether you want to check your pay scale, aren’t sure about what leave you’re entitled to, or want advice about how to get off that contract and into an ongoing position – the MSC can assist.

You can also access our useful member-only advice sheets, covering topics like workplans, OHS and conversion to ongoing.

Representation and advocacy

Are you having a disagreement with your employer? Or experiencing workplace bullying? Are you in the midst of an excess staffing situation? Need back up?

Our officers are here to support you in conflict-resolution situations. We understand the processes, and can help with mediation by liaising with staff, management and the department.

If necessary, we also provide free, comprehensive legal support and representation. We can refer you to one of our industrial officers if you require more specialist legal assistance.

We advocate for you industrially, too – fighting for the best pay and conditions for educators with every enterprise agreement. We’ve got a strong history of improving conditions for our members, like our historic win of up to 45% more pay for disability workers, or pay parity for early childhood teachers and school teachers, or stopping TAFE teaching loads from being increased from 800 hours to 1200 hours.

Disaster financial assistance

AEU Victoria can provide disaster financial assistance to support current financial members who have experienced sudden and significant loss with respect to their primary residence from community-affected natural disasters.

This benefit is available notwithstanding any other insurance or compensation and applies where a natural disaster has impacted on a member and their community. It is not applicable to isolated household or personal events that only affect the member and their family.

Payments are based on the extent of the damage or loss incurred in each case, up to a payment of $500 for a total loss or inundation of the primary residence.

Click here to download the claim form.