AEU representatives are key to building powerful workplaces and growing our union. The work that AEU representatives do in protecting and improving our wage and conditions, campaigning for public education and supporting colleagues is vital.
This award recognises the significant achievement and commitment made by health and safety representatives (HSRs). AEU reps drive the work of the AEU, and all members should celebrate their effort and commitment. The AEU HSR of the Year is an opportunity for all members to reflect on their HSR colleagues, the great work they do, their time and commitment – and to give them some recognition!
Nominations for the 2022 AEU HSR of the Year award open at 9.00am, Monday 23 May, and will close at 12.00pm, Thursday 4 August, 2022.
Health & Safety Representative of the Year award
We look for HSRs who have:
- represented the interests of staff and students
- worked collectively with the local AEU sub-branch
- worked to resolve workplace health and safety issues or disputes
- shown leadership and innovation in workplace health and safety
- prevented workplace injuries and illness
- positively promoted OHS in the workplace
- provided regular communication to colleagues on OHS issues.
Who is eligible to receive this award?
- Any AEU member who is a health and safety rep.
Who can make a nomination?
- any AEU member
- AEU sub-branch/workplace
- AEU region
- a workplace manager.
Previous winners of this award
2021 - George Georgostathis
2020 - Gary Hindle
2017 - Justin Harris and Des Macurtain
2016 - Anthony Taylor