AEU representatives are key to building powerful workplaces and growing our union. The work that AEU representatives do in protecting and improving our wage and conditions, campaigning for public education and supporting colleagues is vital.
This award recognises the significant achievement and commitment made by health and safety representatives (HSRs). AEU reps drive the work of the AEU, and all members should celebrate their effort and commitment. The AEU HSR of the Year is an opportunity for all members to reflect on their HSR colleagues, the great work they do, their time and commitment – and to give them some recognition!
Health & Safety Representative of the Year award 2020
We are looking for HSRs who have:
- represented the interests of staff and students
- worked collectively with the local AEU sub-branch
- worked to resolve workplace health and safety issues or disputes
- shown leadership and innovation in workplace health and safety
- prevented workplace injuries and illness
- positively promoted OHS in the workplace
- provided regular communication to colleagues on OHS issues.
Who is eligible to receive this award?
- Any AEU member who is a health and safety rep.
Who can make a nomination?
- any AEU member
- AEU sub-branch/workplace
- AEU region
- a workplace manager.
Nominations are now open and will close on Tuesday 8 September, 2020 at 12pm.
The award will be announced and presented at the Reps conference on Friday, 9 October.
Previous winners of this award
- 2017 - Justin Harris and Des Macurtain
- 2016 - Anthony Taylor