AEU Victoria has reached a deal with the state government for a new Victorian Government Schools Agreement (VGSA).
The agreement was passed with an overwhelming 87.5% YES vote in the employee ballot.
In total, 47,219 employees voted YES, and 6,528 voted NO.
For the first time in a generation, we have a proposed agreement that takes significant action on workload and contracts.
Key features of this agreement:
- Four non-teaching, professional practice days per year for teachers
- 13-17.5% pay increases over the life of the agreement
- Provision for thousands of teachers and ES staff to be translated to ongoing
- Principals' salary increase of 17.1% over the life of the agreement
- Significant pay increase for CRTs.