The Victorian Government Schools Agreement (VGSA) 2022 came into effect on 25 July, with the first salary increase payable backdated to the commencement of the first pay period on or after 1 January 2022.
The proposed agreement delivers on key campaign issues of workload relief, and fair and reasonable salaries above the government’s original offer.
Significant improvements include:
- A reduction in face-to-face teaching of of one hour in 2023 and a further 30-minute reduction in 2024 and ongoing.
- The employment of an additional 2,000 teachers.
- Enhanced time-in-lieu provisions for teachers and ES.
- Extensively revised Dimensions of Work for education support, enabling range reviews for many ES members.
- Salary increases through instalments, classification adjustments, and allowances.
- Reduced administration and better workload consultation for principals.
- Increased partner leave from one week to four weeks.
- Other paid parental leave increased from 8 weeks to 16 weeks.
⚑ To see a members-only summary of key documents, please log in to see the paywalled version of this page.
Learn about the VGSA in AEU News
Find all our articles about the Victorian Government Schools Agreement on our news site.
(⚑ Some of these articles are member-only, so log in with your AEU credentials to read.)
AEU member emails
Sorry, this content is for members only.