Are you ready to lead?
The WILD (Women In Leadership Development) program is a great initiative for AEU women members interested in union leadership and activism at workplace, sub-branch, council or regional level.
Ideally you’ll have some knowledge of and experience with the AEU and have participated as an activist in Union activities.
During the WILD program you will be allocated a mentor who will assist you to develop a project to grow union membership and activate current members. This project will involve you putting your leadership skills into practice by building union engagement and activism in the following ways:
- in your workplace/sub-branch
- connecting (with) AEU sub-branches across your region
- working with members of the AEU to enhance women’s representation in the workplace.
On the final day of the program you will report on your project to the rest of the group.
This is a four-day program. The AEU will meet replacement costs. Travel and accommodation costs will also be covered, if eligible.
Check back here for 2024 dates.
Sample program outline
- Days 1-2: at the AEU
- Day 3: Organised individually, in conjunction with your mentor
- Day 4
- Attendance at the AEU Women's Conference
- Role, structure and processes of unions including AEU women and the wider union movement.
- Leadership, union leadership, women union leadership.
- Speaking up, moving motions, taking action, executive and council.
- Managing self and resilience, work life balance.
- Mentoring and work shadowing.
- Becoming an activist and organising others.
- Growing your sub-branch by personalising the recruitment conversation.
Send a brief expression of interest (no more than one page) that outlines your reasons for applying, including the skills and knowledge you bring, your ambitions as a leader of union women, how you demonstrate your union values and one condition of work/challenge you would like to change at your workplace.
For more information email Kerry Green.